A week of parish fundraising and team building.
Now in our 46th year.
What it takes to run it for a week at the fair:
10 workers with mops, buckets, brooms and shop vacs for 4 hours on a Saturday in August to open up the building.
225 adults and teens, each working a 4 hour shift on either the grill, counter or kitchen area between Labor Day and the following Sunday Night.
Great food, including:
· 1000 pieces of homemade pie.
· 2 batches of homemade BBQ (Each batch starts with 40 lbs of beef chuck and 20 lbs of lean pork.)
· Top quality burgers and sausage from Art’s and buns from McCaslin’s.
Great people, with
· Miles of smiles, and great service serving great meals
How have the Revenues been used?
· Father Thomas Kane Memorial Scholarships: 2 per year, now $750 each
· TV, VCR, Rolling Cart for CCD
· Ceiling fans for church.
· $12,500 toward P.C. Parking lot paving.
· CCD videos and supplies.
· $45,000 to Pastor for Parish needs in about 10 years.
· Maintenance of building at Sandwich Fair grounds.
· Upright freezer at P.C. (Joint purchase with Christian Woman)
· Donations to FVOAS for parking.
· Free meals for all workers after a 4-hour shift.